Scientific developments of the Department are aimed at improving the forms of organization of transportation of goods and passengers by road, improving the efficiency of logistics management processes in transport nodes:
1. Development of scientific and technological foundations for efficient functioning of transport systems:
- Formation of logistics systems for cargo delivery on the principles of sustainable development;
- Improving the quality of urban transport services;
- Development of scientific and technological bases of freight forwarding services in road transport;
- Development of organizational and management foundations for the creation of new vehicles and restructuring of existing vehicles.
2. Problems of integration of Ukrainian national institutions of higher education into European educational environment:
- Fundamentalization of professional training of students;
- Introduction of scientific developments of a new type of scientific activity into lecture courses of disciplines of all levels of training;
- Introduction of scientific developments of a new type of scientific activity into methods of carrying out practical and laboratory exercises;
- Introduction of scientific developments in solving problems in course and diploma works;
- Formation of Management Psychology;
- Formation of professional qualities of specialists using motivational, cognitive-assessment and organizational-personal components.